Microsoft Teams is becoming an increasingly popular unified communications platform for businesses. With Microsoft Teams Calling, you can bring PSTN connectivity directly into Teams to enable external voice calls alongside messaging, meetings, and collaboration.
IPFone offers a fully managed Microsoft Teams Phone solution with Direct Routing that delivers enterprise-grade calling features, unlimited domestic minutes, and exceptional support.
5 Ways to Add PSTN Calling to Microsoft Teams
There are five main options for enabling external calling within Teams:
- Teams Phone with Microsoft Calling Plan – Microsoft becomes your phone provider with limited minutes and limited availability.
- Teams Phone with Operator Connect – Self-service model to access calling services from Microsoft partners. Requires Teams Phone license.
- Teams Phone Mobile – Uses mobile network and number for Teams calling on desktop and mobile.
- 3rd Party Plugins – Not native Teams experience, limited functionality.
- Teams Phone with Direct Routing (IPFone solution) – Fully managed onboarding, access to advanced voice services, unlimited domestic minutes.
Benefits of IPFone Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
Choosing Direct Routing with IPFone provides several advantages over other models:
- Guided onboarding with a project manager
- Microsoft-certified engineers
- Ongoing support from IPFone’s expert team
- Unlimited domestic minutes
- Access to call center, analytics, recording, and more
- Native Teams interface for calling
Microsoft Teams Phones
Popular Teams-enabled desk phones from Poly and Yealink turn any workspace into a Teams phone. IPFone offers a range of models starting at $5/month. SIP phones can also be used for basic calling functionality.
Bring It All Together
With Microsoft Teams Calling and IPFone, you get the power of a trustworthy unified communications platform combined with the support and services of a business-grade phone provider.
Click here to get more information on Direct Routing for Microsoft Teams.